IL8 Antibody - #DF6998
*The optimal dilutions should be determined by the end user.
WB: For western blot detection of denatured protein samples. IHC: For immunohistochemical detection of paraffin sections (IHC-p) or frozen sections (IHC-f) of tissue samples. IF/ICC: For immunofluorescence detection of cell samples. ELISA(peptide): For ELISA detection of antigenic peptide.
Cite Format: Affinity Biosciences Cat# DF6998, RRID:AB_2838954.
(Ala-IL-8)77; (Ser-IL-8)72; 9E3; Beta thromboglobulin like protein; C-X-C motif chemokine 8; CEF-4; chemokine, CXC motif, ligand 8; CXCL8; Emoctakin; GCP-1; GCP/IL-8 protein I; GCP/IL-8 protein II; GCP/IL-8 protein III; GCP/IL-8 protein IV; GCP/IL-8 protein V; GCP/IL-8 protein VI; GCP1; Granulocyte chemotactic protein 1; IL-8; IL-8(1-77); IL-8(9-77); IL8; IL8/NAP1 form I; IL8/NAP1 form II; IL8/NAP1 form III; IL8/NAP1 form IV; IL8/NAP1 form V; IL8/NAP1 form VI; IL8_HUMAN; Inteleukin 8; LECT; LUCT; Lymphocyte-derived neutrophil-activating factor; LYNAP; MDNCF; MDNCF-b; MDNCF-c; MONAP; Monocyte-derived neutrophil chemotactic factor; Monocyte-derived neutrophil-activating peptide; NAF; NAP-1; NAP1; Neutrophil activating peptide 1; Neutrophil activating protein 1; Neutrophil-activating factor; Neutrophil-activating protein 1; Protein 3 10C; Protein 3-10C; SCYB8; Small inducible cytokine subfamily B member 8; T cell chemotactic factor; T-cell chemotactic factor; TSG1;
IL-8 is a chemotactic factor that attracts neutrophils, basophils, and T-cells, but not monocytes. It is also involved in neutrophil activation. It is released from several cell types in response to an inflammatory stimulus. IL-8(6-77) has a 5-10-fold higher activity on neutrophil activation, IL-8(5-77) has increased activity on neutrophil activation and IL-8(7-77) has a higher affinity to receptors CXCR1 and CXCR2 as compared to IL-8(1-77), respectively.
Several N-terminal processed forms are produced by proteolytic cleavage after secretion from at least peripheral blood monocytes, leukcocytes and endothelial cells. In general, IL-8(1-77) is referred to as interleukin-8. IL-8(6-77) is the most promiment form.
Citrullination at Arg-27 prevents proteolysis, and dampens tissue inflammation, it also enhances leukocytosis, possibly through impaired chemokine clearance from the blood circulation.
Belongs to the intercrine alpha (chemokine CxC) family.
· Human Diseases > Endocrine and metabolic diseases > Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Epithelial cell signaling in Helicobacter pylori infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Shigellosis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Salmonella infection.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Pertussis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Bacterial > Legionellosis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Chagas disease (American trypanosomiasis).
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Malaria.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Parasitic > Amoebiasis.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Hepatitis C.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Hepatitis B.
· Human Diseases > Infectious diseases: Viral > Influenza A.
· Human Diseases > Cancers: Overview > Transcriptional misregulation in cancer.
· Human Diseases > Immune diseases > Rheumatoid arthritis.
Application: WB Species: Human Sample: HUVECs
Application: WB Species: human Sample: HUVECs
Application: IHC Species: rat Sample: inflammatory cell
Application: IHC Species: mouse Sample: tumor
Application: IHC Species: human Sample: tumor
Application: WB Species: mouse Sample: TAMs
Application: WB Species: human Sample: T549 and MDA-MB-231 cell； MCF7 and T47D cell
Application: WB Species: Human Sample: LX-2 cells
Application: IF/ICC Species: Rat Sample: prostate tissue
Affinity Biosciences tests all products strictly. Citations are provided as a resource for additional applications that have not been validated by Affinity Biosciences. Please choose the appropriate format for each application and consult Materials and Methods sections for additional details about the use of any product in these publications.
For Research Use Only.
Not for use in diagnostic or therapeutic procedures. Not for resale. Not for distribution without written consent. Affinity Biosciences will not be held responsible for patent infringement or other violations that may occur with the use of our products. Affinity Biosciences, Affinity Biosciences Logo and all other trademarks are the property of Affinity Biosciences LTD.